Background

Tuesday 23 March 2010

A day out in Durham with Lady B

My good friend Lady B celebrated her birthday yesterday, so I thought it would be quite nice to take her to Durham for a day out and a nice lunch. As we walked into the market square we noticed a colourful procession walking down the steps next to the entrance to the Indoor Market.






Being the blogger that I aspire to be out came my camera. At the time I had no idea what or who I was photographing!




Quite a memorable day for both Lady B and the Commanding Officer of HMS Bulwark. HMS Bulwark's crew were awarded the Freedom of the City.

The crew of HMS Bulwark can now march through the streets with swords drawn and bayonets fixed. The honour was conferred at yesterday’s meeting of the City of Durham Charter Trustees. Councillor Jeff Lodge was also made an Honoury Freeman of the City in the same ceremony.

Congratulations to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! - please leave a comment to let me know you've stopped by, MrsC.