Background

Monday 8 October 2012

A very eventful week.


Well it’s been an eventful week starting last Sunday at the Crafts House.  I attended a Mad Hatters Tea Party organised by Sandra in aid of fund raising Marie Curie.  It was a privilege to be in the company of such talented people and for such a good cause.



 
 

The tables were laid out beautifully with a bountiful array of freshly baked homemade cakes, scones and biscuits which was sheer purgatory for me being a member of Slimming World on a rather long journey to slimness.

My new friend Gilly was kind enough to send me a crochet pattern which I have coveted since viewing her blog.  I have decided to try and learn to crochet using a selection of books and the tutorials on line at youtube.

Since participating in Blueberry Hearts Cosy Autumn swap my interest in knitting has been re-ignited so after knitting several items of fruit and vegetables for the swap.
 
 
I then went on to create a strawberry tea cosy for Kerry of Blueberry Heart Fame. I have a few other projects on my agenda but they will be revealed only on completion.
 
 
I saw this coaster pattern in a magazine a and thought I would give it a go using youtube for instruction.  Its not perfect but looks a lot like the picture in the magazine. Its supposed to be Rudolf!
 
 

My first proper attempt at crochet is to be a flower on a granny square.  I can’t tell you how many times I have unpicked my efforts.  Maybe it’s my age, well I became a year older on Friday the 5th! I will persevere.
Take care everyone and have a good week.
Mrs C x

 

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I think the Rudolph coaster is very sweet - well done with your first attempt. Onwards & upwards!
    Your gorgeous knitted veggies are in a bowl on my kitchen table and are attracting many oohs & aahs of delight from everyone who sees them. I love them, thanks again :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just found your lovely blog, sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just popping over to introduce myself. I'm your partner in the Christmas Cracker Swap at Mad about Bags.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! - please leave a comment to let me know you've stopped by, MrsC.