Background

Monday 21 December 2009

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

It has snowed practically every day since last Thursday, and has been extremely cold. It was really bad on Saturday, so me and Mr C set about getting the house decorated for the holiday season, a little late I know but hey we both work full time.


We started with the tree and progressed to the fire surround. We always get a little carried away!



I then moved onto decorating the window, where I suspended two blown glass baubles and three stars from the curtain pole using mother of pearl effect Christmas cord, and place my candle bridge in the middle of the window sill.









Next..............the hall




We had the radiator cabinet made to measure last week and I bought the letters in Florida during our last holiday. Well worth carrying them home as they cost only pennies.

Then right on cue just like a scene from a film, the postie knocked on the door and handed over a parcel which turned out to be my Christmas Stocking Swap. How exciting.







Off came the paper to reveal my stocking made especially for me by Mel, in her favourite CK fabric.
Thanks Mel its lovely!





The stocking was full of gifts.

A huge bar of chocolate, a floral decorated miniature mirror, three decorative heart shaped pegs, a coffee fragrance sachet,(my favourite smell) a lovely Russian Santa Claus doll Santa containing a fragrant candle (a gorgeous Christmassy smell) and a festive coaster.



And a magnet with a picture of a chicken on, which has pride of place on the fridge freezer.




Thanks again Mel, all my gifts are lovely

Merry Christmas!









































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! - please leave a comment to let me know you've stopped by, MrsC.