Background

Monday 17 August 2009

Girly weekend July (London)

My beautiful daughter is a huge fan of The Wizard of Oz, so I thought it would be lovely, as I don't see much of her, if we met up in London and I took her to see a show. Wicked is the prequal to the Wizard of Oz and is currently playing in the west end. I booked dinner and a show tickets on lastminute.com which cost £60.00 each.

I also booked a nice hotel in Kensington so we could have a good old girly weekend. Our trains arrived in London within half an hour of each other so we met up in Kings Cross and travelled by tube to our hotel. We checked in and were given our room key. The room was very nice but only had a double bed in it and I had booked a twin room. I rang down to reception and they were full of apologies but said they had no twin rooms left and shock horror all they could offer me was an Executive Room which had a massive king size bed! Well not wishing to be rude I felt compelled to accept! The room was absolutely fantastic with posh toiletries, complimentary chocs, water, tea, coffee and an umbrella. After that surprise we got changed and headed off for our pre theatre meal. The restaurant was amazing and the three courses were delicious as was the complimentary glass of wine. Then we walked across the road and into the theatre, again we were thrilled with the seats which had excellent views of the stage. The show was excellent too! Back to the hotel for a drink and bed. The next day we ate breakfast in the hotel and then went across the road for our hair cut. Once we were transformed we headed off to Madame Tussuad's where we took loads of photos with the celebs.

Back to the hotel for a shower and out for more food.
Next day we were up bright and early for breakfast before heading off to the National History Museum. I was again surprised and had a lovely time looking at the dinosaurs. After a couple of hours we then headed off to Harrods to rub shoulders with the rich folk and the rest of the tourists! I bought a couple of shopping bags, one for me and one for my good friend BH, then we headed off for some lunch in their sushi bar. My daughter loved every mouthful, but I have to confess I wasn't impressed at all! Back to the hotel for our bags and then we caught the tube to our main line stations. We then sadly said our goodbyes and travelled to our respective homes. I had a lovely weekend and cant wait for the next one.

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear about bloggers trips to London. Living so close and work in London sometimes you take it for granted.

    Isn't Wicked fantastic. I brought tickets for my SIL for her birthday and they were worth every penny.

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! - please leave a comment to let me know you've stopped by, MrsC.