Background

Monday 12 October 2009

Our Florida Vacation (part one)

Well it seems like a life time since I posted my last entry.

We left England for Florida on 19th September and landed in Sanford Orlando at 1:30pm just in time for lunch. I took these photos as we were coming in to land. Sorry about the glare of the flash, I forgot to switch it off and there was no time to take them again.
We collected our luggage and headed off to collect the keys to the rental car. The guy on the desk was leaving that day so he said he wanted to make sure we got the best deal ever. He gave us the tank full of fuel for free then offered us a Hummer. Can you imagine little 5foot 21/2 inches of me driving a beast like that? (Mr C does not drive you see)I think not so I took delivery of a lovely Chrysler and drove to our rented villa in Kissimme. Just me and Mr C and they gave us a three bedroomed villa, it was great! We dropped off our bags and headed off for some dinner. We just got a take away of chicken and salad with a bottle of wine for me and some bottles of beer for Mr C. We managed about 6 hours sleep then were wide awake so showered and headed of to Ihop for breakfast of omlette and pancakes. Well worth the wait said Mr C! Now off to the shops, well it has to be done with all those outlet malls. Mr C bought 3 bags full of Nautica as usual but I seemed to have lost my shopping mojo.

Monday we drove to Downtown Disney which is always worth a visit as they have a Gioradelli Ice Cream Parlour my absolute favourite. I had a banana split and Mr C had a very berry sundae. We were a little disappointed as the treats were served in disposable containers instead of the usual glass sundae dishes.

We are a couple of kids when it comes to ice cream. It looks good does'nt it? Mickey and Minney said Hello!
More adventures later as my internet connection is running really slowly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! - please leave a comment to let me know you've stopped by, MrsC.